Re: [Mldonkey-users] Improvements on emules

From: Martin Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Improvements on emules
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:23:55 +0100

Hi Michael,

Du schriebst am Samstag, 18. Januar 2003 um 13:37:49:

>> I think this could work...but again will disturb the balance between
>> clients some more because of the official client not beeing able to
>> to that.
> And wouldn't we just fed up the emules? Will mldonkey upload a single
> byte to non-eMule client?

We don't see an emule here and a mldonkey there and say: "Hey, lets
upload many to this emule and nothing to this mldonkey, that way we
get most because emule gives credits and mldonkeys don't.".

I thought of the same behavior for all clients... it is even possible
to implement something similar to the credit system with his queues in
mldonkey - surely we cut the queues and show the emuledevs how to
implement such an idea. ;-)

But again, that is something we have to think through.

Gruß,
  Martin

--
PGP public key ID:  0x27D580B5
PGP public key fingerprint: 3761 E66D 8600 EF88  A547 65B7 1CBC 1F8F