Re: [Mldonkey-users] New Edonkey/Overnet Hybrid with queue?

From: Stephane Goulet
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] New Edonkey/Overnet Hybrid with queue?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:00:02 -0500

> Hi,
> I think I have heard somewhere that the new overnet client will have
> some kind of upload queue.
> Will our fast download rates from the official clients decrease when
> they have a queue as it happened with emule? What can we do against it?

A normal queue is no problem, the original client has a queue and provides
most of my bytes personally. A queue saves some bandwith by making less
requests.. (once you know you are on queue, you stop making requests to this
client.. apart the emule queue wich you must ask every 30 minutes minimum to
stay in it.)
The problem with the emule queue is that it's too long and queue ranking
gets messed up by their credit system, mod tweaks and "community bonuses"
(here the word community equals not the ed2k network but emule clients).