Re: [Mldonkey-users] New Edonkey/Overnet Hybrid with queue?

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] New Edonkey/Overnet Hybrid with queue?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:04:52 +0100

 Jarek Hirny wrote...
 > Well,  I  don't  find  credit  system  unfair or stupid -- it's the same for
 > everyone,  no  matter if you use emule, vanilla edonkey or mldonkey. But I'm

The credit system is not stupid. It is a proposition to solve a
problem (personally, I think the problem does not exist), and we
simply think that this proposition is more drawbacks than advantages.
For me, the three main drawbacks are:

1) increased possibility of cheating: before, cheaters were
   no-uploaders. Now, they can also cheat to try to take the upload of
   other ones by faking upload to particular peers.

2) popular files instead of interesting files: if you want to have
   credits, you have interest to upload popular files, not interesting
   ones. thus, the network is losing its diversity, which is really
   bad (it's just like tv, and ads: if you want money, you want ads,
   so you want spectators, so you only broadcast popular movies, and
   finally, tv watching becomes a waste of time...)

3) windows community credits: emule users are windows users. they are
   interested in windows apps, and there is an amount of credits for
   that of which mldonkey users are completely excluded, because most
   of them are not interesting in downloading/uploading these files.

- MLDonkey