[Mldonkey-users] max_sources_age - ip range specific setting?

From: Mike Jones
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] max_sources_age - ip range specific setting?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:45:57 +0000

I have noticed that a large part of the donkey community that I communicate
with are on t-online.de or t-dialin.net  217.*something or 80.*something (etc).

It is my understanding that their IP changes every 24 hours (which may be true
for other large known ISPs as well).

>From their point of view, perhaps they have to restart mldonkey to have it use
>the new IP (I'm not really sure on this).

>From my point of view, I have a ton of sources that are no longer valid every
>24 hours, and won't ever become valid, right?

But, I don't want to drop all sources after such a low limit as 24 hours, since
address@hidden may just turn off his donkey for the weekend and be a valid (but
hard to find) source on monday.

So, what about the idea that max_sources_age is X (3) for most sources, unless
they match an IP.* range that I can include in a list, and then they will be
dumped after another timelimit (max_sources_age_based_on_ip_list) which I can
set to 1 if I want?