Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet news

From: Fabian Henrici
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet news
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:24:27 +0100

same with me, after 20 hours and about 5000 seen hosts in ovstats I still haven't downloaded anything from overnet.

Jarek Hirny wrote:
http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=39

--- cut ---

On  the 15th and 16th of this month, MetaMachine expressed concern regarding
the  adverse  affects  mlDonkey  on  the  Overnet  community. In addition to
limiting mlDonkey, there are many new changes since the last update.

ˇ All connections will timeout
ˇ Check firewalled status with 3 people
ˇ Republishes your location after your buddy changes
ˇ Much easier to connect to firewalled dudes
ˇ Hashes of temp files now cached
ˇ Colors for availability
ˇ Fixed problem with strange search results
ˇ Add upload requests to sources
ˇ Improved contactlist freshness
ˇ No longer publishes too early

You can get this program from FileForum.com here.
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=1040682361

No  info  on  overnet.com  mainpage, though. I'm wondering, what changes did
they apply... and what do they want to limit, since:

            Total downloads:         4119358384
                    Overnet:              92160 (0.00 %)

--
Jarek Hirny * http://agnus.eu.org * fidonet:2:480/96.666 * icq:92898666