Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet in stable || unstable branch

From: nospam
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet in stable || unstable branch
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:39:44 +0100

Same here. No overnet clients at all with latest cvs versions, but old 2.02
did see overnet peers.

Today I tried something different, after observing client communication
for some time, noticing my internal IP was sent to peers (don't know
it this is correct behavior or not):

- mldonkey was running on a private ip (192.168...) with forwarded ports
  before.

- I changed my setup in a way that it's running directly on the "outside" IP
  address

et voila: works again, after 10 minutes 11 seen overnet peers. Even
incoming peers, where there was none in about 12 hours with mldonkey
running on the private IP address.

There must be a bug somewhere, it seems like the inside inofficial
client_ip is sent to overnet or something like this.