Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-6 collects too many sources

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-6 collects too many sources
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:27:59 +0100

>  Michael Panteleit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>  >     let need_new_sources _ =
>  >       Fifo.length clients_queue < !!max_clients_per_second * 600
>
>  I just see the clients_queue is the queue for good sources. So your
>  mld will continue to search for new sources until it has
>  "!!max_clients_per_second * 600" good sources.
>
>  How often are emules and servers are asked? If too often we can get
>  thousands of new sources before noticing there may be already enough
>  in the new ones.

In 2.02-6, there are two main problems in source management:
- Old sources are not removed fast enough
- It continues asking for sources when there are already enough of
   them

> Total number of sources:244527

In 2 hours ? You have the complete unfirewalled eDonkey network in
your sources ? Or some sources are too old and should have been
removed a long time ago ?

- MLDonkey