Re: [Mldonkey-users] [2.04-rc1-12] Disabling overnet doesn't work ?

From: Lionel Bouton
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] [2.04-rc1-12] Disabling overnet doesn't work ?
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 19:58:49 +0200

Lionel Bouton wrote:

Hi,

I was attempting several different parameters for maximising the download throughput and source lookups. I tried disabling overnet to see how the overall performance behaved. But after disabling overnet (and even restarting mldonkey) when clicking "Overnet stats" in the web interface, I get 6282 known peers (I set the max up to 0 in the config by the way) and a list of "search file for ... (.. not_asked, .. asked, .. done, .. hits, .. results)" lines. The same web interface shows in the options overnet as disabled.

This must mean that mldonkey is indeed using and searching on Overnet.

Amasingly, according to the client stats I even downloaded 4,4M from Overnet during this session (mldonkey started with overnet disabled).

Cheers,

LB.