Re: [Mldonkey-users] Test for low ID user with wrong IP address

From: Steffen Solyga
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Test for low ID user with wrong IP address
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:27:15 +0200

Citing Jose Romildo Malaquias (Tuesday, 2003/04/08  9:27)...

>       success ... your id should be 1890626248
>
> But mldonkey have servers still reporting "ERROR: Your port 4662
> is not reachable. You have a LOWID".

This is normal, don't ask me why, heavy netload or something.
But it shouldn't happen with all servers. Set force_high_id = true
and let mldonkey find a server by itsown.

> How does my current IP is told to the eDonkey servers?

IP magics -- belongs to the proto spec.
Maybe I didn't get your question...

> Why now the connection test suceeds but eDonkey servers
> still are not able to reach the 4662 port?
> Any clues on how to solve this problem?

If http://www.thedonkeynetwork.com/connection_test succeeds with
IP and PORT, there _is_ a certain eDonkey-client listening at
IP:PORT, because the test uses the eDonkey protocol (it's not
just a simple tcp connection test). Maybe it's not _your_
eDonkey-client (port forwarding, mldonkey running twice)?

Steffen