[Mldonkey-users] nu - different behavior or bug ? 2.04rc3

From: Marc Thoben
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] nu - different behavior or bug ? 2.04rc3
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:19:35 +0200

Hi there,

the command "nu" has a different behavior now, and I wonder if it
does as intended.

When I issue a "nu 10", almost all entries in pending slots start to
show up as upload slot. No actual upload is done. When no pending
slots are left, mldonkey very slowly starts to remove those upload
slots. After the 10 minutes of upload pause, new upload and pending
slots are created and upload is done to those new upload slots.
After 25 minutes mldonkey still shows a fews of those "zombie"
upload slots, which were pending slots once.

Example:

> Total upload slots:  3 (3) | Pending slots: 27

nu 10

> Total upload slots:  8 (0) | Pending slots: 21
> Total upload slots: 15 (0) | Pending slots: 18
> Total upload slots: 21 (0) | Pending slots: 10
> Total upload slots: 27 (0) | Pending slots:  1
> Total upload slots: 26 (0) | Pending slots:  0

after 9 minutes:

> Total upload slots:  7 (0) | Pending slots:  0

after 12 minutes, uploading again:

> Total upload slots: 10 (3) | Pending slots: 51

after 30 minutes:

> Total upload slots: 10 (3) | Pending slots: 46

next time I looked, a few hours later, everything is normal again:

> Total upload slots:  3 (3) | Pending slots: 62

Of course, this isn't really a problem, since those "zombie" upload
slots do not prevent real upload slots from being created.

But I don't think, this is as it was planned.

Regards,
Marc