[Mldonkey-users] Re: MLdonkey ed2k protocol handler for Mozilla -- inst

From: Simon Peter
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: MLdonkey ed2k protocol handler for Mozilla -- installation
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 15:18:10 +0200

> There are instructions on configuring, but not
> installing. As many users (like me) do not how to install
> the software in Mozilla, It would be nice if someone
> could post the procedure here. And the README should
> also contain that information.

You're right. I will update the README to contain more installation
instructions for an upcoming 1.1 release.

The installation procedure is as follows:
1. shutdown Mozilla completely by closing all open windows (this is not
necessary if you know what you're doing).
2. start mozilla as root (either in root's own X session, or by doing
"su -m" in a normal user's X session).
3. open the .xpi file with Mozilla (either from the webserver directly,
or, if that doesn't work, by first downloading and then opening it
locally).
4. follow the on-screen instructions.
5. again, shutdown Mozilla completely by closing all open windows
(required, this time)
6. open it again as a normal user
7. follow the README on how to configure it.
8. shut it down again for a last time and restart it and you should be
set.

Simon