[Mldonkey-users] Re: MLdonkey ed2k protocol handler for Mozilla -- inst

From: Jose Romildo Malaquias
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: MLdonkey ed2k protocol handler for Mozilla -- installation
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:06:38 -0300

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 09:42:36PM +0200, Simon Peter wrote:
> > I am the mantainer of my RPM package. What I miss is whether mozilla
> > offers a non-interactive installation procedure for installing the
> > mldonkey_ed2k_protocol_handler-1.0.xpi file, that could be
> > run in text mode. A rule of RPM packaging is that installation and
> > updating of packages should be non-interactive. They should not
> > depend on user input. Probably I should ask that in a mozilla
> > discussion forum.
>
> Yes. There is a way. Actually, it's quite simple:
> First, rename the .xpi file to .zip and extract with unzip. You should get
> three files. Important is only ed2kprotocol.js, which simply has to be
> installed into /usr/lib/mozilla/components/ (at least, that's where my
> mozilla installation sits, i'm using Debian). After that, delete the file
> 'compreg.dat' from the same directory for Mozilla to re-read its database
> and see the new component on the next startup. That should do the trick.

With that information I could build new RPM packages of mldonkey.
The subpackage mldonkey-ed2k-mozilla deals with the ed2k protocol
handler, installing or uninstalling it, without user intervention.
As the component is installed at /usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1/components.
The dir /usr/lib/mozilla/components does not work in my
Red Hat Linux 9 system. The version is automatically determined
at package build time. The file compreg.dat is deleted and then
recreated by the command 'mozilla -v 2>/dev/null'.

New releases of the protocal will be available in the
mldonkey CVS repository?

Thanks for your help.

Romildo
--