Re: [Mldonkey-users] ssh port forwarding to tunnel firewall

From: Christian Loitsch
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] ssh port forwarding to tunnel firewall
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 15:54:11 +0200

<snip>
> So my question : Can i use ssh to forward my donkey ports to this
> other server ?
<snip>
unless I am mistaken edonkey uses mostly udp connections.  ssh is not
able to forward these (in fact this should be easy, but it's much harder
to reply).

what should work, if you have full control over you pc, is to build a
tunneled internet-connection, with ppp over ssh (pppd can use pipes as
input/output).

<http://fare.tunes.org/files/fwprc/> and
<http://howto.gp.mines.edu/HOWTO/Firewall-Piercing/>
should help you to set this up.

christian

ps: please tell me (us?), if/when it works and how you did it