Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Release 2.4

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Release 2.4
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:52:08 +0200

>  > because mld set the donkey-port back to 4662

>  Seriously, this is really, really irritating.

I agree with all that. The problem is that we have to concurrent
problems:
1) some people complain that the project is not evolving, because
there are no new stable releases. So, we need to release more often.
The problem is that we are now very busy, and the last week-end was
the only possible release date, before a few weeks.
2) we have only a few developers (officially one, + some
contributors), and freezing the code means that the developer must
spend his time packaging instead of developing (just at the moment when
Fasttrack support becomes possible !).

>  I guess the current mldonkey maintainer must be very young to
>  make all these mistakes, and that he will learn with the years,
>  (I made quite a lot too in my first projects a long time ago :-)
>  but:

>  FOR ALL THE OTHER USERS ON THIS LIST, DO *NOT* UPGRADE TO 2.04
>  (or rc12).

Hum.... let's say, to upgrade to 2.4, do the following in your
mldonkey configuration directory before starting mldonkey:

cp downloads.ini downloads_expert.ini
cp downloads.ini donkey.ini
cp downloads.ini donkey_expert.ini

So that mldonkey will find all the interesting options in the files it
now uses.

>  FOR MLDONKEY:
>  Please label rc11 as 2.04, rc12 to 2.05-alpha1, 2.04 to 2.05-alpha2,
>  and gently introduce your successor to some basis of software management :-)

Sorry, but I'm already too happy to have a successor, only one, to
risk losing him :) We did some mistakes with this release (I'm
responsible for the release, as I build the binaries). Anyway, now
that some users have already upgraded, it is too late to do
that... but we will be more careful for next release.

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/