Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Release 2.4

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Release 2.4
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:57:51 +0200

>  A FT plugin for giFT has been published this week. Still beta, but the
>  encryption/decryption algorithm works, and has already been integrated
>  in mldonkey. It works only on x86, and the ocaml code around is being
>  written currently, so, maybe something to test available in the middle
>  of next week.

Oups... the plugin is already in the savannah CVS. It is in a very
early stage, but the basic functions work (connect, search, download).
The main problem: the .c code works only on x86 platforms. I don't
know how long the encryption algorithm will work, until Fasttrack
decides to change it, but it could be interesting that somebody tries
to port the C code to other platforms (ppc, alpha,...). For that, you
just need to make sure that the ml_... functions at the end of
"fst_cipher.c" return the same results on x86 and other platforms (not
return in fact, but modify the strings they receive as arguments). The
functions used by this file are defined in the other .c files in the
same directory (src/networks/fasttrack).

The code itself is a bit hard to understand, as it looks like:

eax = edx ^ ebx;

for the ones who know what it means :)

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/