Re: [Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey & Debian ( Trying to do an Official Packag

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey & Debian ( Trying to do an Official Package )
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:16:47 +0200

>  Currently what i do :
>  * trying to build a real chroot for mldonkey ( maybe using
>   MLDONKEY_CHROOT, but it seems a little broken )

As I have repeated a lot, this is really the most useless part. You
have access to the code, so no troyan. It's written in Ocaml, so no
buffer overflows. What are you afraid of ?

>  * fixing ocaml policy bug
>  * trying to get rid of the builtin zoggy ( because zoggy already exist
>   in debian and it should be use to build the .zog )

Zoggy is not used, just a Camlp4 file to translate zoggy files to
Ocaml code. Unless you want to modify the interface, it's really not
useful to ask the user to install the zoggy package just for the
camlp4 file.

>  * trying to find a stable version of mldonkey.

2.5 looks really stable.

>  What has been done :
>  * debconf script for a server wide mldonkey
>  * manpage ( don't think it is new things, it is just a transcript of
>   mlnet -help )
>  * mldonkey_option a program to parse *.ini

A good thing to do would be to include all this stuff in the official
version, and modify the configure.in script to modify the debian files
(often just to update the version number).

Note that there is a program src/gtk/gui/gui_installer.ml that is
supposed to generate a basic downloads.ini file in the future. If you
program in ocaml, it can be used to show you how to easily generate
option files.

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/