Re: [Mldonkey-users] Mozilla MLdonkey Protocol Handler 1.3

From: Simon Peter
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Mozilla MLdonkey Protocol Handler 1.3
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 18:58:09 +0200

> I'm running Moz 1.3.1 from debian unstable.  I just installed v 1.3 of
> the protocol handler (had no version installed before), as root.  I
> then restarted mozilla, however about:config does not show the
> mldonkey there?

Sorry if this is still unclear (i have to rework the README, i know). My
handler still doesn't create defaults in the config by itself (the
defaults are there, but they won't show up in about:config). You just
have to create the config keys to override the defaults with your own
values. This will hopefully be fixed in a future version.

> How can I check if the XPI install really worked?  Mozilla reported a
> success, but who knows?

In general, there is no way. But for my handler in particular, you can
check if you got the file /usr/lib/mozilla/components/ed2kprotocol.js
available. If it's there, the handler should be correctly installed.

Another place to check for is the component viewer, that's accessed by
the Tools -> Web Development -> Component Viewer menu option. Search for
a component called "@mozilla.org/network/protocol;1?name=ed2k". If it's
there, the handler should be running.

Simon