Re: [Mldonkey-users] Tagging

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Tagging
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:41:37 +0200

>  may I suggest to use 2-6-xx tags for the main development releases and
>  keep 2-5-xx tags for the branch? I find it a bit confusing that the new
>  version in the 2-5-1-patches gets a 2-5-3 tag, while the newest
>  development version is 2-5-2.

Yes, I was thinking also about that, but it was already too
late. But the situation is a bit particular, a critical bug has been
found just when a major architecture change was being done, which
should not happen that often in the future...

>  Also, naming the branch 2-5-patches would have seemed more logical to
>  me.

Not a bad idea... but the branch was done from 2.5-1, that's the
reason why it has this name. But yes, in the future, we should always
create a branch directly from the stable release...

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/