Re: [Mldonkey-users] Help - cannot get MLdonkey on redhat server to work

From: Christian Loitsch
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Help - cannot get MLdonkey on redhat server to work - continued
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:41:45 +0200

> Anyway - no web browser etc on the pc that's running mldonkey so I cannot do
> a http://127.0.0.1:4080
if you have ssh, you can do:
ssh -L 31415:yourServersIpAddress:4080 address@hidden

then point your browser to http://localhost:31415
this should redirect everything (over an encrypted connection) to your
server.

> So - could it be the firewall blocking it?
on a quick look this seems to be correct.
But it is possible that you DENY port 4080 before these lines.

also the output of:
iptables -nvL
iptables -t nat -nvL
iptables -t mangle -nvL

could be helpful.  (Try to find the rule where the number of "catched"
packages changes, when you try to access Port 4080.

christian