Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.5.3 DC: Incorrect shared size

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.5.3 DC: Incorrect shared size
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:36:50 +0200

Le Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:41:38 -0400, Autumn <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Howdy.
>
> Looking at the Rooms tab of the mldonkey gui (v2.5.3), I happened to
> notice that lots of DC hubs are telling me that I am being kicked
> because I am not sharing enough.  Some of them tell me I am sharing 11
> Mb.  I am in fact sharing about 16 Gb.
>
> I can't find anything about this issue in the archives -- is it
> something I am doing wrong?

DirectConnect support doesn't currently implement upload.
As such, you're sharing nothing on DC, and MLdonkey is just
claiming a fake sharing amount.

I suggest not enabling DC support for now.

(That should be made more clear on the official main page. Saying DC support
is "alpha" quality is not enough. Not to mention people that never read the
official main page, of course... :( )

BR,
Pierre.