Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule 0.29b secure client hash

From: Ken Bradshaw
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule 0.29b secure client hash
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:46:53 +0200

Pierre Etchemaite wrote:
http://www.emule-project.net/faq/sechash.htm

Is there any plans to implement this "Secure User Identification" ?
The latests eMule have this set to enabled by default, so they will refuse to server any file to mldonkey clients, since they do not respond to identification requests.

It seems that I cannot download anymore anything except the major shar*r*actor releases. All the rare files are now impossible to get since the probability of having them hosted on non-eMule clients is too low.

I thus have began running an eMule for rare files on a windows machine, and it can get happily files that mldonkey didnt manage to get any byte from weeks.

Alas, ocaml is too weird fro me to dwelve into, so I am of no help there. Just bringing the attention to an important topic for users of the edonkey protocol (well, the emule protocol :-)