mod-guile-devel

Re: [Mod-guile-devel] Questions ...

From: Dale P . Smith
Subject: Re: [Mod-guile-devel] Questions ...
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:21:46 -0400

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:17:52 +0200
address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> just diggin' my ways through mod_guile.c again.
> What is the rationale behind the following defines:
>
> #define HANDLERS 0
> #define GBRL     1
> #define CHILD    1
> #define CONFIG   1
>
> it looks to me as if at least CHILD and CONFIG could/should
> be activated all the time.

I've never used CHILD.  I thought it might be a good place to open
persistent database connections.

All those #define's are there to help me debug.  They do *not* need to
be there.  Maybe the gbrl needs to be an option.  Actually, gbrl needs
to be in scheme and should be hooked in using the handler interface you
are working on.

> Your version of 'make install' (that i copied over to
> 'Makefile.in' makes the DSO module executable - why?

Hmm.  Didn't realize that.

> You declare your Apache configuration commands as type
> 'OR_ALL', saying that such configuration options can show
> up _anywhere_ in the configuration file. I'd suggest to make
> them RSRC_CONF which would declare them to be valid only in
> server global places (i.e. _not_ in <Location> or <File> sections).

That sounds good.

> I currently work on a mg_guile_handler that takes a module and
> an (optional) handler name that can be configured on a per-
> File or per-Location basis. Since this will cause a growth of
> line of codes i'm thinking about splitting up mod_guile.c into
> several files. What do you think about moving the req_record stuff
> into a seperate file (and possibly into its own module) ?

Yes.  I've kept everything in one file for convenience.  The utility
things should be moved into a separate file.  The table routines could
be in another.

One thing to watch out for: I use <IfModule guile_module.c> ...
</IFModule> .  Must make sure the module still has the right name.  I
didn't look too deep into making a module from more than one .c file.
I'm sure it's not hard, I was just too lazy.

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,