modcaml

Re: [Modcaml] Installing mod_caml on MacOS X panther

From: Stephany Francois
Subject: Re: [Modcaml] Installing mod_caml on MacOS X panther
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:12:16 +0200

Le 12-juil.-05, à 11:03, Richard Jones a écrit :

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 09:03:15PM +0200, Stephany Francois wrote:
userg4$ make
make: ocamlfind: Command not found

This seems to be the main problem.  Install ocamlfind first.

Rich.

Thank you ;)
This problem (the other dependencies too) is solved and the compilation works fine but i'm now fighting with the apache's configuration file... I've followed the instructions written in the CONFIG file. And add the following line to my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule caml_module libexec/httpd/mod_caml.so #at the end of the LoadModule's list

mod_caml.so exists in the good directory
and

  CamlLoad /usr/share/mod_caml/registry.cmo
  Alias /caml-bin/ /Library/WebServer/Documents/CGI/caml-bin
  <Location /caml-bin>
    SetHandler ocaml-bytecode
    CamlHandler Registry.handler
    Options ExecCGI
    Allow from all
  </Location>

At the end of the httpd.conf

When i try to launch apache:

ibookG4:/var/log/httpd userg4$ sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl start
Processing config directory: /private/etc/httpd/users/*.conf
 Processing config file: /private/etc/httpd/users/userg4.conf
Syntax error on line 1108 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'CamlLoad', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

The command CamlLoad doesn't seem to work...

I see in the http.conf file this paragraph:

#  [WHENEVER YOU CHANGE THE LOADMODULE SECTION ABOVE UPDATE THIS, TOO]
#..../....
#AddModule mod_info.c
AddModule mod_include.c
AddModule mod_autoindex.c
AddModule mod_dir.c
AddModule mod_cgi.c
AddModule mod_asis.c
AddModule mod_imap.c
# .../...

So I also try to add at the end of this list : AddModule mod_caml.c
But it doesn't work:

ibookG4:/var/log/httpd userg4$ sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 287 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot add module via name 'mod_caml.c': not in list of loaded modules
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Francois,

ps: sorry for my very long message