monit-general

Re: The day I lost my job due to monit

From: SZÉPE Viktor
Subject: Re: The day I lost my job due to monit
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 10:05:47 +0100

Idézem/Quoting Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@ufz.de>:

Am 10.12.2020 um 12:53 schrieb Phil Townes:
This issue was highlighted on a number of IT news pages and blogs in the
week or two prior to the issuing CA expiring.  A decent CA should also have
made contact with their customers.

We were also bitten by this issue as well, so I now have a shell script
which checks all certificates in a chain for impending expiry.  I'm happy
to share if that would help anyone.

Sorry, I still don't get it. How can a certificate in the chain expire
before the "last" certificate (for the server) expires? That means that
a CA signs customer certificates for a longer period than their own
certificate is valid. Can this happen? I never saw this with mine. Their
validity was shortened due to the limited validity of the CA's certificate.

It is called cross-signing :) Google it!

e.g. https://scotthelme.co.uk/content/images/2019/04/image-3.png

SZÉPE Viktor, webes alkalmazás üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
~~~
ügyelet 🌶️ hotline: +36-20-4242498  sms@szepe.net  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület