Re: keeping monotone dvcs aline

From: grarpamp
Subject: Re: keeping monotone dvcs aline
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 05:47:37 -0500

On 2/2/24, Michael Raskin <7c6f434c@mail.ru> wrote:
> [an unformatted blob]

Reposting it below because your mailer appears to be broken
and turning what you write into one single newline-stripped
line-wrapped difficult to read blob. You might want to look
into fixing that.

This is another interesting repository that could be upstreamed
and communicated with...

"
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/applications/version-management/monotone/default.nix
Botan2 build for Monotone is available (I use this both via
Nix-on-Debian and on Nix-managed GNU/Linux installations)
It builds on macOS without care dedicated to it, so with
Nix-on-OpenBSD (available in ports) I would give it maybe a
coin toss chances to just work?
I have fixed one small bug w.r.t. Botan2 migration after collecting
the patches from around the net.
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/applications/version-management/monotone/monotone-1.1-adapt-to-botan2.patch
A kind person has fixed the build with gcc14.
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/applications/version-management/monotone/monotone-1.1-gcc-14.patch
But I have no idea how to migrate to Botan3
"