nano-devel

where to send email

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: where to send email
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 12:32:38 +0100

Op 20-12-2020 om 18:31 schreef ObeliX:
> (this is not CC'ed, but intentionally send as private response. the
> dev-related conversation goes to the public list of course w/o CCing you.)

Do *not* send me email.  /Anything/ nano-related, send it to the list.

> thanx for pointing me to the archive - did not know about it.

I've added links to the README.

> maybe it's worth to place the communication options more prominent on
> the different nano-websites?
> for instance the 'Mailing List'-link on
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/nano/ says "No Lists found for GNU
> nano".

Ah.  Apparently things look different when one is not logged in, and
I'm always logged in...  Changed now, the three mailing lists are shown:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=nano

> and also on nano's homepage https://www.nano-editor.org/, it is
> quite hidden under ->Contact->Mailing Lists->Nano-devel Archives.

Well, yes, the nano website is a bit awkward, but that is... "design".  :)

But I do not find the archives hard to find: experience tells one that
whenever one sees a mailman/listinfo link, there is a link to the archives
on that page.

> and I
> did not expect to find actual live communication under 'Archive'.
>
> BTW: the only option to answer at the archive page itself, is the 'send
> email'-button. which actually puts your personal email into the TO-field.

Yes, that is unfortunate.  But I do not control the GNU mail archives.

> anyway, thanx for pointing me to the correct place. :)
>

> MfG Obel
>

> On 20.12.20 13:15, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
>> [...]

Please trim your emails: snip everything that is not relevant any more.

Benno