nano-devel

Re: spotlight and cutting/copying/zapping

From: Liu Hao
Subject: Re: spotlight and cutting/copying/zapping
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 12:00:36 +0800

在 2021/3/8 下午6:41, Benno Schulenberg 写道:

I've tried it, but it's even less visible than blinking.  And underline does
not work on a Linux console.  So this is not an option either.

How about the other way around? That is, let's preserve the spotlight, but make Ctrl-K etc. cut the spotted text, instead of the entire line only because there is no actual selection.

After a match is found, my typical actions are:

0) To examine what has been found (as you mentioned earlier).
   The match is highlighted, so it's better than the old behavior.

1) To delete it or replace it. This combination of find-and-cut might
   be rare, as a direct find-and-replace with Ctrl-\ is usually more
   convenient.

2) To do some complex processing. This is usually done via a macro.
   As spotlight doesn't affect the cursor position, there is no loss.

--
Best regards,
Liu Hao