Re: Help with Gmail

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: Help with Gmail
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 13:55:08 -0500

>I wonder if somebody might be willing to tell me the exact arguments
>to inc and to send for getting mail from and to Gmail, given that
>my Gmail username is address@hidden and password is
>foobar. Also, what, if anything, do I need to do with mhlogin.

To start out some testing, for inc I'd do something like:

% inc -host pop.gmail.com -port 995 -initialtls -sasl -user address@hidden

If it is all working right, you should get a prompt asking you for a password
and that's where you enter "foobar".  (Let's not muddy the waters with
putting the password in a file right now).

For send it is probably something like:

send -server smtp.gmail.com -port 587 -tls -sasl -user address@hidden

Again, should ask you for a password if things go right.

If things go WRONG, then add "-snoop" to the above lines and post the output.

Don't do anything with mhlogin at this time.

--Ken