Re: I'm confused

From: norm
Subject: Re: I'm confused
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 10:50:57 -0800

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> writes:
>>What with the flurry of Email's I'm confused. Do you have an nmh configur=
>ation
>>that will let me use inc to fetch Email from Gmail without dumping core,
>>and let me use send to send  Email to Gmail without post hanging?
>>
>>If so would you be willing to send it to me, again?
>
>Let's work on one problem at a time (post hanging ... I'm not sure what
>is going wrong there, yet).
>
>Create a .netrc in your home directory with the following line:
>
>machine pop.gmail.com login address@hidden password foobar
>
>Or, whatever goes in for "foobar" above.  Note the .netrc file must be
>mode 600 (chmod 600 .netrc).
>
>Then try:
>
>% inc -host pop.gmail.com -port 995 -initialtls -sasl -user Normanzalmonsh=
>address@hidden
>
>And see what that does.

It yielded:

inc: no mail to incorporate

That makes no sense, but it's a problem that I will have to deal with.

As a test, I replaced "address@hidden" with
"address@hidden". That yielded, as expeceted:

inc: Authentication failed: -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.

So it looks like maybe it's working.

But it will be useless until the post hanging  problem is solved.

    Norman Shapiro