Re: mhl nocomponent

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: mhl nocomponent
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 14:23:09 -0400

>I use MH-E, which does it's header display/hiding outside of MH.  In
>general, I like to see extra headers, but they have gotten way out of
>hand from the MS/Outlook space.  We probably need a better list of
>common "this is junk" header list that probably has to have wildcards in
>it.

Sigh.  I mean, it seems like this has been expanding, and "everybody
else" doesn't consider it a problem since every OTHER MUA only shows
"relevant" headers by default.  Even Robert Elz (who was a long-time
proponent of showing those headers) finally gave up and deleted the
extras:nocomponent line in his mhl file:

        https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2021-06/msg00025.html

I am thinking maybe we should change the nmh default mhl files as well
to recognize current reality (in that thread Ralph also chimed in and
said the current default doesn't make sense).

--Ken