nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] behavior under load

From: Dale Blount
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] behavior under load
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:48:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello list,

Under heavy load, it seems that nss-mysql reports that user's don't
exist at times.  I can't really tell the cause of it, but when i turn
on

local_recipient_maps = unix:passwd.byname

in my MTA (postfix), some emails get bounced with a user not found
error.
This option checks if a user exists before delivering the email.
Some emails are delivered fine, others are not.

I also noticed that /var/log/maillog contains entries that should be
marked postfix, not nss-mysql

Jun  5 16:34:44 server nss-mysql[28711]: lost connection after RCPT
from unknown[x.x.x.x]
Jun  5 16:34:44 server nss-mysql[28711]: disconnect from
unknown[x.x.x.x]

Not just these messages, but most of them during the time when i have
the above option turned on.  SHOW STATUS in mysql shows 118 max
connections to date, max_connections is set to 500.

Just curious if there's a way to debug without loosing too much mail.

Thanks,

Dale