nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] behavior under load

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] behavior under load
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:11:21 +0200

Dans un message du 05 Jun à 13:48, Dale Blount écrivait :
> Under heavy load, it seems that nss-mysql reports that user's don't
> exist at times.  I can't really tell the cause of it, but when i turn
> on

Have you noticed any mysql related errors in the logs ?

> I also noticed that /var/log/maillog contains entries that should be
> marked postfix, not nss-mysql
>
> Jun  5 16:34:44 server nss-mysql[28711]: lost connection after RCPT
> from unknown[x.x.x.x]
> Jun  5 16:34:44 server nss-mysql[28711]: disconnect from
> unknown[x.x.x.x]
>
> Not just these messages, but most of them during the time when i have
> the above option turned on.  SHOW STATUS in mysql shows 118 max
> connections to date, max_connections is set to 500.

This is an issue with the logging function. We have to call openlog to
put the error message in the auth log. This is harmless anyway, I'll try
to find a workaround. The best thing to do would be to create a
nss-mysql log file anyway.

118 connections is a lot. Which version are you running ?

> Just curious if there's a way to debug without loosing too much mail.

Well, hard to say. You should read your logs carefully to see if there
is any nss-mysql errors and post them here.

Do you use nscd ?

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

   I'm unclean, a libertine, every time you vent your spleen, I seem to lose
    the power of speech, you're slipping slowly from my reach, you grow me
        like an evergreen, you've never seen me lonely at all. (Placebo)