nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] NSS-MySQL and Pam-MySQL

From: Jefferson Cowart
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] NSS-MySQL and Pam-MySQL
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:07:04 -0700

I am in trying to get my system working with authentication using a
mixture of both of these programs. I want the nss-mysql part so I can
have users in my mysql table owning files on the HD and such other low
level auth issues. I want the pam-mysql module however so I can do where
statements limiting access to services. For instance I have a column in
my users table called "ssh". I use that column as a y/n flag about
permitting ssh access. I couple this with a where statement in my sshd
config file in /etc/pam.d. I would like to be able to spread this along
to almost all my programs (login, ftp, etc.) that use pam for
authentication. The major issue that I foresee in doing this is that
users that are stored in /etc/passwd (root for example) will be unable
to login as they won't have that flag in the mysql db as they don't
exist there. What I think I want is a setup where it will check either
/etc/passwd directly and if the user is there allow them access or check
the mysql db (through Pam-mysql) and if the user is there allow them
access if the flag for that service is set to a y. Is this possible?

Thanks
Jefferson Cowart
address@hidden

Support Open Instant Messaging Protocols
http://www.petitiononline.com/openIM/petition.html