nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] generic sql querys

From: Martin Klebermass
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] generic sql querys
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:21:59 +0100

as of our setup, we dont have the default db setup, and we are using a very
special one, as we want to increase the consitency of our data.
At the moment im tricking  nss_mysql    eg with defining things like
users.homedir_column = concat('/home/w',customer.user_id);
... .
But setting up complex  setups, to use JOINs ... is realy realy hard with this
tzpe of definition.
Better it would be to set your own sql-query
like "select user_id,name,... from user where name='%unix_user'" .
This would give everyone the most posible flexibility with the mysql setup he
needs.

Are there any plans to implement this yet by someone, if not ill  have a look
at it sometime to get it running.

Cya Martin Klebermass