nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] kernel 2.4.20 nss-mysql 0.43 problem

From: Nenad Perić
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] kernel 2.4.20 nss-mysql 0.43 problem
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:39:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all!

Has anyone had this sort of a problem:
I have installed RH 9 (Shrike) with a kernel 2.4.20-8 which comes with it,
previusly I have been using kernel 2.4.18 with nss-mysql and everything
worked fine.
Now the trouble is, everything still works fine as long as I do not get
the source of the kernel and compile it myself. After recompiling the
kernel and rebooting machine, no-one can log in anywhere and finger does
not work.
(i do not get authentication failures .. I just do not get any replies
whatsoever. just timeouts)
I have built nss-mysql with debugging support, and with the old kernel I
get a whole lot of stuff wirtten into my auth log, but with a new compiled
kernel (2.4.20) nothing gets written into auth log..
Any hints? ideas? maybe something needs to be compiled into kernel?
Does kernel have to have module support? (in kernel 2.4.18 i had disabled
module support and I think it worked fine)
Any help would greatly be appreciated :)
This e-mail is sort of upside down because I really couldn't find out
where to start from.

Thanks in advance!

Nenad