nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] getent passwd and logging not working

From: Nathan Martinez
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] getent passwd and logging not working
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:45:20 -0700

Hello all,

I have been looking through the archives, but I have been unable to find anyone
with a similar problem.  I have a RedHat 8.0 machine using kernel 2.4.20-19.8.
I am trying to get nss-mysql installed, but am running into problems.
Installation went fine, but when I try to run "getent passwd" or "getent
shadow", it shows a list of the users in the passwd file and then just hangs.
I have compiled this with the debugging on, but I can't seem to find any logs
anywhere.  People have talked of an auth.log file, but I find that nowhere on
my system.

Has anyone had similar problems?  Any kind of starting point will be
appreciated.  Thank you.

Nathan Martinez