nufw-devel

[Nufw-devel] nufw and squid

From: maria perez
Subject: [Nufw-devel] nufw and squid
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:49:40 +0100

Hi,
I am new in this list.

I have discovered nufw searching solutions to my problem. I have working in a tool for paternal control of the web use. We are using the proxy squid to the content filter and we need establish transparent authentication for users at the same time the proxy works in transparent manner. I have read nufw offer these capacitys with the module squid-nufw-helper. If i am not in a mistake about with nufw is possible squid works like transparent proxy and offer transparent authenticacion to the system users. The idea is squid run in the same host, (like local proxy), with squidguard to filter the web traffic.
Have you any notice about similar attempt?
How does it work nufw with squid?
Could you to guide me in this direction?

Thank you in advance for your attention, and excuse me my irregular english.
I know this list maybe it is not the appropiate list to my doubts, but i believe you could help me.

Kind regards
  Maria

¿Estás pensando en cambiar de coche? Todas los modelos de serie y extras en MSN Motor. http://motor.msn.es/researchcentre/