nufw-devel

[Nufw-devel] nufw and squid in the same machine

From: maria perez
Subject: [Nufw-devel] nufw and squid in the same machine
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:48:41 +0100

Hi,

I am working in a proyect of parental control for web access and I have several doubts.

I found nufw while I was looking for a solution to one of my problems: establish squid in a single machine working like transparent proxy and at the same time to obtain user authentication in order by can define different access politics for each system user.

According to I have read about nufw with the module squid-nufw-helper I could solve my problem, but the configuration for nufw is thinking is squid in a different machine -server- (proxy server or squid box) and nufw in the machine that access throught the server, like this I have understood it, is correct?.

But I need config all in a single machine.
Now I have the machine working with squid in transparent manner but without user authenticacion, I have installed squid 3 , since squid-nufw-helper works with it.

Squid is configured with the options:

http_port 3128 transparent
acl all src 0/0
no_cache deny all
redirect_program /usr/bin/squidGuard /usr/local/squid/etc/squidGuard.conf

The web traffic is redirected with iptables to squid:

iptables -t nat N proxy
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j proxy
iptables -t nat -A proxy -m owner --uid-owner squid -j RETURN
iptables -t nat -A proxy -p tcp -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128

How do i have to config nufw in the machine? Is nufw compatible with this configuration or i need to change this? In this case, How do i must to do?
Has someone do a similiar configuration?

I hope to have expressed correctly my situation,

Many thanks for your attention.
Kind Regards
 Maria

Horóscopo, tarot, numerología... Escucha lo que te dicen los astros. http://astrocentro.msn.es/