nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] Problem installing nuauth2

From: Vincent Deffontaines
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] Problem installing nuauth2
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:46:35 +0200

Vincent SCHULTZ wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I built Debian packets (version 2.0.1) without any problem on Sarge. But when
> I try to install nuauth, I got an error :
>
> # dpkg -i nuauth20_2.0.1-2_i386.deb
> Sélection du paquet nuauth20 précédemment désélectionné.
> (Lecture de la base de données... 29763 fichiers et répertoires déjà
> installés.)
> Dépaquetage de nuauth20 (à partir de nuauth20_2.0.1-2_i386.deb) ...
> Paramétrage de nuauth20 (2.0.1-2) ...
> dpkg : erreur de traitement de nuauth20 (--install) :
>  le sous-processus post-installation script a retourné une erreur de sortie
> d'état 10
> Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
>  nuauth20
>
> What's the problem ? What can I do ?
>
> Also, I had a problem with nufw package with "update-rc.d" command. Running
> it without configuring boot time, solved the problem.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Vincent

Greetings,

We are aware the debian packages are not so stable yet for 2.0.
Right now, my suggestion is :
If you have some time (and will to do it), you can try debugging the
debian packages (set -x in postinst shell scripts seems like a good start).
Else, I would suggest you install nuauth by hand for now, in /usr/local
or other place.

I will also have a look at 2.0 packages in the near future.

Vincent