nuxeo-localizer

[Nuxeo-localizer] zwiki i18n progress, questions

From: Simon Michael
Subject: [Nuxeo-localizer] zwiki i18n progress, questions
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:47:07 -0700

address@hidden (simon) writes:
> Checked in the beginnings of i18n support. Requires LocalizerProduct, has
> no effect if it's not available.  Following Juan David Ibáñez's guide, I
> translated one (1) message and observed it's glorious multilinguality (by
> switching to netscape, setting my preferred language to irish (ga) and
> generating an edit conflict).  I'm not sure if .po files should go in cvs,
> you can find them at [zwikidir/locale].  Translators could begin working
> with these now I think.  I have a bunch of questions, currently noted in
> the work queue.
>
> Updated ZwikiInternationalisation, renamed ZWikiTranslation to
> InternationalisationDiscussion.  You might want to subscribe over there if
> you are interested in this topic.
> --
> forwarded from http://zwiki.org/GeneralDiscussion

I will be adding some thoughts about next steps to
http://zwiki.org/ZwikiInternationalisation later.  I want to go all the
way to multi-lingual pages, ultimately.  Your input is welcome as always.

Some current localizer-related questions to bounce off the list:

- how best to mark large multiline strings ?
- should common html/dtml be separated out ?
- how to get zgettext.py to remove obsolete strings ?
- how to get zgettext.py to set metadata ?
- alternatives to zgettext.py ?
- do I need an en.po, what should be in it ?
- should any of locale/* be in cvs ?
- why doesn't mozilla show the translation ? (ns does)
- why does mozilla give a blank page with localizer's select language menu ?
- why does ns give the unchanged page with localizer's select language menu ?

Thanks,
-Simon