nuxeo-localizer

[Nuxeo-localizer] Re: need info regarding localization

From: Luistxo Fernandez
Subject: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: need info regarding localization
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:58:08 +0200

>Hi,
>This's Mahesh from India.

Hello, this is Luistxo Fernandez from Code & Syntax
(http://www.codesyntax.com), where you wrote.

> I have recently started
>learning Zope & Python for one of the project which I
>am working in. I browsed a lot to get the information
>about internationalization in zope as I needed to
>translate English into our local Indian languages.
>I am unable to find the complete information about how
>to proceed further and localize the content. could you
>please let me know how you have localized to Europe
>language and or there any plug-ins avialable which
>could help me?
>please kindly provide me the complete information
>ASAP.

We use a product called Localizer which provides a good framework for
localization within Zope. It manages content in different languages for a
single web application quite nicely. But we use it always with languages all
encoded in Latin-1, so we have no real experience about other alphabets.
However, in the mailing list of Localizer there are people using other scripts,
so perhaps they can help you.

I forward this msg to that list.

>thanks & regards,
>Mahesh.