nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: Fix for UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: o

From: Myroslav Opyr
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: Fix for UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 23:20:34 +0200

Florent Guillaume wrote:

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 11:13, Myroslav Opyr wrote:
UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128) (Also, an
error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)
Anyway the above behavior is werid and unpredicted, thus we stay with AltPT for time being. Better slower but reliable then faster and unpredicted...
Oh it's not unpredicted, I know all the places that pose problem.
Who else knows that? Does authors of Zope modules with bugs you know know about them? Do you have access to Zope CVS?

Fixing
them in core Zope requires having time for the tests, and having the ZPT
and general Unicode maintainers accept them.
Are they in Zope Collector? Maybe you have fixes (patches) too? Maybe there is a reason to release unofficial ZPT Unicode PatchPack as it was with Unicode for Zope 2.4 (or 2.5, do not remeber exactly). It was on zope.org for a long time and people used it just because they needed it and that PatchPack became part of Zope.

I have no hope they'll be in Zope 2.6 series, but 2.7 could be just fine! Until that time there will be a lot of people using different ways to make things work: ommiting Unicode and working in broken encodings or using Unicode with other tools (like we are using AltPT, because we need working code).

m.
--
Myroslav Opyr
zope.net.ua <http://zope.net.ua/> ° Ukrainian Zope Hosting