Re: LADSPA integration

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: LADSPA integration
Date: Sun Jan 7 01:51:01 2001

I'm very excited about your project and wish you the best of
luck. But, I was wondering if there is any plan to use the
LADSPA (www.ladspa.org) plugins for fx. So far I've used
about 40 LADSPA-compliant plugins and they work wonderfully.
Any ideas?

This is something I've looked at in depth. There might be a wrapper eventually, but there's no way I can substitute ladspa for Octal's API (this was an issue at one point in my discussion with a few of the team members.) They are moving Ladspa in a direction that doesn't work well in an application of this type. I suspect it will be possible to build an Octal plugin that then loads a LADSPA plugin, but it won't work with all of them from what I can tell.

I am trying to get the beta going in the next few weeks so we will know soon enough :-)