A Sound Gimp

From: Jared
Subject: A Sound Gimp
Date: Sun Jan 21 17:39:02 2001

Hey Guys,
        Just a question relating to the flexibility of Octal.  Would it be
possible to use the octal API and plugins to make a graphical sound
editting package similiar to the GIMP?  The reason I ask this is that
there seems to be no decent linux tool analogous to cool edit for win.  It
seems to me that the GIMP's plugin type architecture has proven to be a
winner and I wonder why it hasn't been done for sound.  Or perhaps I am
just ignorant and its already done?  Anyway, if something like this could
be done, it would have to have a rad name. How bout SEX, Sound EXchanger
or something similarly natty, to go along with the gimp....