Re: make check

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: make check
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:07:04 -0500 (CDT)

On 25-Oct-1999, Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:

| Thomas Walter wrote:
|
| > Hello,
| > I investigated some time to the 'make check'.
|
| Thanks. I will get the time to "chech" this :-).
|
| But dejagnu is a mess: 3 components! The last expect available (5.31) at
http://expect.nist.gov only
| work with tcl-8.2. The last dejagnu snapshot I could locate is
dejagnu-971222, at
| ftp.cygnus.com/pub/dejagnu
| I have to compile them myself, as I'm not a linux user :(
|
| Until now, I had no success (with last octave only) using either one or even
"mixing" them :-)

I agree that dejagnu is a mess.  When I first started using it, I
thought that it would become the standard testing framework for all
GNU software, and that it would be improved and maintained in a
reasonable way.  But that doesn't seem to have happened.
Unfortunately, I don't have time to work on implementing something
different or better, or even to fix the tests so that they will work
with other versions of dejagnu (they work for me, at least for now).
So if things are going to change, someone else will have to do the work,
and do it in a way that doesn't require a lot of time from me to
install the patches.