Re: MEX interface

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: MEX interface
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:19:29 -0400

On Jun 21, 2006, at 9:40 PM, Christopher Hulbert wrote:

On 6/21/06, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
Octave now searches for .oct, .mex, and .m files.  The mkoctfile
script has a new --mex option which tells it to use .mex as the output
file extension instead of .oct (of course this only works if the code
you are compiling uses the .mex interface; it doesn't magically make a
.oct file turn into a MEX file).

One thing I like is the different mex extensions on each platform so
that multiple platform mex functions reside in the same directory
(mexa64,mexglx,mexw32,mexsol2,etc.).  I think if octave is going to
support mex functions it ought to keep the platform extensions.

Octave deals with this by putting oct-files for different platforms
in different directories.  The same mechanism will work for mex.

Does the package builder will support multiplatform builds for
oct-files?  Does it need to be extended for mex files?

- Paul