Re: I don't have functions like inv, pinv, det - build problem?

From: Hakan Yüksel
Subject: Re: I don't have functions like inv, pinv, det - build problem?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:38:08 +0100

Hello,

> I'm not sure I understand precisely what you did.  Did you look at the
> output of help inv on one system and then assume that it would be the
> same for all systems?

I have also looked at the output of "help inv" under ubuntu.
The folder there was /usr/lib/octave/2.1.73/oct/i486-gnu-linux.

I don't have assumed that it would be exactly the same fo all
systems but those outputs have indicated me that there must be
a folder with *.oct-files which contain the desired functions.

And after typing "./configure --help" on my source distro, I saw
that one can specify libexecdir. I did it and it solved my problem.
That's all. Is that so absurd?

> Did you have another copy of the Octave 2.1.73
> libraries installed on your system when you built your own copy from
> source?

No, I didn't. I am very new to octave. I never have had any other
installation of octave on my system before.

Bye, Hakan
Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/topmail-out