Re: Merging Octave and Octave-Forge?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Merging Octave and Octave-Forge?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:12:48 -0400

On 27-Aug-2008, Levente Torok wrote:

| In the lack of explicit importing possiblity (opposed to languages as
python...)
| Basicaly I vote to have nancov ... as in matlab.
| However in addition to this I would probably like to have a global variable
(or global switch, or name it anything you like)
| by which I can use the nan functionality without rewriting my code.
|
| How do you like this idea?

Not so much.  We used to have a number of global variables in Octave
that did this sort of thing.  It sounds like a great idea at first,
but then you set a variable the way to prefer and call some code that
expects the variable to have a different value you potentially get the
wrong result without any warning.