Re: Merging Octave and Octave-Forge?

From: Levente Torok
Subject: Re: Merging Octave and Octave-Forge?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:49:22 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to call attention some deficiencies in using octave-forge along
with octave.

Perheps because Function cov() works differently on matlab and on octave,
Alois Schloegl and Matthew W. Roberts replaced the octave version with its own
version in
the extra/nan-1.0.6 package.
In the installation README file, the authors suggests us to completely
overwrite
the original /m/statistics/base/*.m,*.oct files.
This can be seen as an obstructive and collabortive act on behalf of
octave-forgers.

Furthermore I found that octave-forge packages define a lot of lvariables
during the startup.
Well, I would not like to have all those variables stored in my environment and
saved and restored
each time (by save and load functions).

I guess these kind of things will cause some further headaches.

Lev

--
Blogger of http://fapuma.blogspot.com