Re: the competition's expm vs ours

From: Marco Caliari
Subject: Re: the competition's expm vs ours
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:51:09 +0100 (CET)

Dear all,

sorry for the delay. I sent an email but probabily it went lost. In Octave expm there are first some "reductions" (trace reduction and balancing) and then Pade' approximation (8,8) with scaling and squaring. On the other hand, Matlab does not make any reductions and uses Pade' approximation (6,6) with scaling and squaring.

I have an m function implemeting exactly what Octave does with expm (like expmdemo1.m for Matlab). I can send it out of the list.

Best regards,

Marco